June to October 2021
14 days / 13 nights – from £7,190 per person
Safari and beach retreat
Immerse yourself in some of the most magical ecosystems of Tanzania: the Serengeti National Park, the Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire National Park, then rest and relax on the white sandy beaches of Zanzibar Island and explore its world famous reefs.
The highlights of this safari are the following:
– live at the rhythm of the African savannah and its large expanses, immersed in three of the most remarkable reserves of Tanzania and observe an extraordinary density of wildlife
– maximise the time with the animals when the conditions are optimal for their observation and photography in a privatised 4×4 vehicle driven by a specialist driver-guide
– enjoy your accommodation in a variety of hotels, camps and lodges both comfortable and close to the very heart of the reserves
– soak up the unspoiled and peaceful tropical setting of one of the most beautiful beaches on the Island of Zanzibar, which will allow you to relax under the palm trees while enjoying a gentle sea breeze
– decide your ideal departure and return dates and take advantage of the opportunity to adapt this itinerary to your exact wishes
A private safari to observe the highlights of Tanzanian wildlife and to rest on a pristine beach!
Day 1: Arrival at Arusha
Arrival at Arusha – Kilimanjaro International Airport, meet and greet and transfer to Arusha Coffee Lodge for overnight stay. Bed & Breakfast.
Day 2: From Arusha to the Serengeti National Park
Depending on your desire to rest after your day of travel to Tanzania, departure at 06:30 or at 11:30 from your hotel for a scheduled flight to the Kogatende area of the Serengeti National Park.
At the airstrip you will be met by your driver guide who will then be with you for the remainder of your safari. Drive to the north with picnic lunches and game viewing “en route”. Arrival at your tented camp in time for sundowner and dinner.
Night at Savannah North Camp. Full Board and game drives in privatised 4×4 included.
Day 3 and 4: Serengeti National Park
These days will be dedicated to wildlife viewing and photography with morning and afternoon, or full day, game drives in the Serengeti National Park, seeking the migratory herds returning from the Maasai Mara. Depending on your preference you can choose to eat your lunch at camp or take it with you as a picnic. Return before dark for dinner and overnight.
Night at the Savannah North Camp (or equivalent lodge/camp in the Seronera area). Full board and game drives in privatised 4×4 included.
Day 5: From the Serengeti National Park to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
After an early breakfast, drive south to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. After passing through the highlands – with views over the endless plains of the Serengeti that you have just left, descend into the crater and enjoy 6 hours of game viewing (maximum permitted in one day) on the floor of the caldera.
Arrive at your lodge perched on the Eastern rim of the crater in time to enjoy sundowners.
Night at Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge. Full Board and game drives in privatised 4×4 included.
Day 6: From the Ngorongoro Conservation Area to Tarangire National Park
Depart from the lodge after breakfast for a drive to Tarangire National Park. Descend the rift valley escarpment, stopping to admire the views over Lake Manyara. Continue onwards and enter Tarangire National park where the famous Baobab trees will instantly tower above you. Enjoy game viewing as you drive to your camp set beside the Tarangire River.
Night at Tarangire River Camp. Full Board and game drives in privatised 4×4 included.
Day 7: Tarangire National Park
This day will be dedicated to wildlife viewing and photography with morning and afternoon game drives in Tarangire National Park.
Night at the Tarangire River Camp. Full board & game drives included.
Day 8: From Tarangire National Park to the Island of Zanzibar
Depart camp after breakfast and drive out of the park and transfer to Arusha Airport for your flight to Zanzibar.
On landing, you will be met by our representative who will transfer you to your beachfront lodge for six nights.
Night at the Matemwe Lodge. Half board and some activities included.
Day 9 to day 13: Island of Zanzibar
These days will be dedicated to resting and relaxing while enjoying the stunning white sandy beaches and turquoise warm water of Zanzibar Island.
You can also choose to explore the area around the hotel bay and the reef on foot as the water is about knee-high and clear.
Dhow cruises at sunset, Stone Town tours to explore this World Cultural Heritage site and Spice Farms visits to discover the origin of the aromas that fill the air on the entire Island are also available on request.
Stay at Matemwe Lodge. Half board and some activities included.
Day 14: From the Island of Zanzibar to Arusha
You will enjoy the beach and the facilities of the lodge until late morning when you will be driven to Zanzibar Airport for your flight to Arusha – Kilimanjaro International Airport, from where you will transit to board your place to fly back to Europe.
Indicative price :
From £7,190 per person on the basis of 2 participants sharing one double/twin room or tent (GBP/USD exchange rate 1.28).
Subject to availability at the time of booking. The final budget will be communicated after establishing a personalised quotation that will depend on the exchange rates at the time.
– All transfers to activities and locations in a privatised vehicle
– Game drives in the Serengeti National Park, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and Crater and Tarangire National Park in a privatised 4×4 vehicle driven by an English speaking driver/guide
– Flights in Tanzania and to Zanzibar and return: Arusha -> Seronera Airstrip and Arusha – Zanzibar – Arusha Kilimanjaro International Airport . Maximum luggage weight of 15kg per person including hand luggage
– All Conservancy Fees and Park Fees (subject to possible changes)
– 1 night in Arusha at Arusha Coffee Lodge (4**** or equivalent). Half board.
– 3 nights in the Serengeti National Park at Savannah North Camp or equivalent lodge/camp in the Seronera area. Double tent with en-suite bathroom and toilets. Full board accommodation.
– 1 nights in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area at Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge (4****). Double room with en-suite bathroom and toilets. Full board accommodation.
– 2 nights in Tarangire National Park at Tarangire River Camp. Double room/bungalow with en-suite bathroom and toilets. Full board accommodation. Game drives in privatised 4×4 included.
– 6 nights on Zanzibar Island at Matemwe Lodge (4****/5*****). Beach chalet with double room with en-suite bathroom and toilets. Half board accommodation. Some activities included.
– Flying Doctors Emergency Evacuation insurance
– All local taxes applicable in March 2016 (subject to change)
– International flights to Tanzania and return
– Travel and other insurances (cancellation, repatriation, luggage, other risks, etc.)
– Visas to be purchased at arrival in Tanzania ($50 / person in cash, indicative, subject to changes)
– Meals not mentioned or mentioned as “free” in the itinerary
– Any extras of personal nature, tips, laundry and drinks not mentioned in the program, etc.
To change the accommodation proposed for any night part of the itinerary: please consult us.