September and October 2019
10 days/9 nights – from £ 6,070 per person
Photographic trip with Frederic Lecoq
Do you dream of Canada’s wilderness and of exploring the Great Bear Rainforest in British Columbia, one of the largest conservation areas in the Americas, famous for its wealth and its density of marine and terrestrial wildlife?
Do you want to meet bears at the time of the year when they gather along the rivers, and to observe the mythical Kermode Bear or Spirit Bear?
For this off-the-beaten-track trip, join wildlife photographer and world-renowned Spirit Bear tracker, Frederic Lecoq, for a week that will allow you to explore the area of the reserve most conducive to wildlife observation and photography, with a special focus on large mammals such as black bears and Kermode bears, and potentially wolves.
The highlights of this trip are the following:
– live in immersion in the preserved wilderness of the Great Bear Rainforest, far from mass tourism
– travel in small groups and benefit from Frederic Lecoq’s personalized photographic advice
– explore the fjords, rivers and the forest accompanied by a specialized guide, and maximize the time with the animals when the conditions are optimal for their observation and photography
– enjoy accommodation in the heart of the reserve, allowing you to be close to the action and animals
A unique trip to British Columbia for nature lovers and wildlife photographers!
Day 1: Arrival in Vancouver
Departure in the morning from Europe and arrival late morning at Vancouver International Airport. Meet and greet and transfer to the Moda Hotel.
Settle into your room and rest and relax for the afternoon, or visit downtown Vancouver. Lunch and dinner (on own account) in town or at your hotel.
Night at Moda Hotel. Bed & Breakfast.
Day 2: From Vancouver to Prince Rupert
Departure in the morning from Vancouver and arrival late morning (2 hours flight) at Prince Rupert Digby Island Airport. Meet and greet and transfer to the Prestige Hotel.
Settle into your room. Afternoon of rest and relaxation, or sightseeing in Prince Rupert and the surrounding areas including Cowpuccino’s, the Museum of Northern British Columbia, the wharfs, or acclimatization walk (1h30) on a marked trail of the Great Bear Rainforest. Lunch and dinner (on own account) in town.
Night at Prestige Hotel. Bed & Breakfast.
Day 3: From Prince Rupert to Hartley Bay
After breakfast, join the rest of the group and depart by ferry from the Prince Rupert quay. The destination is the small village of Hartley Bay, 4 hours sailing south.
On arrival, check into your room and have lunch. Afternoon dedicated to the exploration, by boat, of the fjords of the Great Bear Rainforest.
Night at a guesthouse in Hartley bay. Full board and activities included.
Day 4 to day 8: Hartley Bay
These days are devoted to the exploration of the Great Bear Rainforest and the observation and photography of its wildlife with a special focus on Kermode bears or Spirit Bears.
Night at a guesthouse in Hartley Bay. Full board and activities included.
Day 9 : From Hartley Bay to Prince Rupert to Vancouver
Free morning in Hartley Bay and boarding of the ferry to Prince Rupert by mid-day. Arrival at your destination between 16h30 and 17h.
Under normal conditions this leaves enough time (about 1 hour) for a stroll and a dinner before boarding the 20:15 flight to Vancouver.
Although ferries are usually very reliable it cannot be ruled out that problems and adverse weather conditions prevent it from operating within the scheduled times.
Travel participants will have the choice, at the time of their booking, to spend an additional night in Prince Rupert or take the 20:15 flight to Vancouver.
The rest of this itinerary is based on this last hypothesis.
Arrival at Vancouver International Airport, meet and greet and transfer to the Moda Hotel.
Night at Moda Hotel. Bed & Breakfast.
Day 10 : Departure from Vancouver
After breakfast and a free morning in town, transfer to Vancouver International Airport for your return flight to Europe or to your next destination.
Indicative price: from £ 6,070 / person on the basis of eight people sharing four twin or double rooms.
Supplement 3 participants : + £ 1,320 / person
Supplement 4 participants : + £ 840 / person
Supplement 5 participants : + £ 530 / person
Supplement 6 participants : + £ 310 / person
Supplement 7 participants : + £ 140 / person
Subject to availability at the time of booking. GBP/CAD exchange rate used for this quote: 1.72.
The estimated budget will be communicated at the time of booking and the final budget at the final payment of the safari to take into account the exchange rates at the time and the final number of participants that will be a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 8 people.
– Airport transfers and air transportation from Vancouver to Prince Rupert and return, transportation by ferry from Prince Ruppert to Hartley Bay, then by boat to the various sites of the Great Bear Rainforest, piloted by a specialized guide.
– The services of a local world-renowned guide specialist in trekking Kermode bears
– The services of Frederic Lecoq as photographic advisor
– The Park Fees (subject to possible changes)
– 2 nights in Vancouver at the Moda Hotel (3 *** or equivalent), in a double room with bathroom and toilet en-suite. Room with breakfast.
– 1 night in Prince Rupert at the Prestige Hotel, in a double room with bathroom and toilet en-suite. Room with breakfast.
– 6 nights in Hartley Bay in a Guesthouse. Double room with shared bathroom and toilets. Full board.
– International flights to Prince Rupert Digby Island Airport via Vancouver and return
– Travel insurances (cancellation, repatriation, luggage, other risks and any additional insurance)
– Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), to be requested from the Canadian authorities before departure
– Meals not mentioned or mentioned as “free” or “on own account” in the itinerary
– Drinks (beer, wine, spirits) other than the ones mentioned
– Any extras of personal nature, tips, laundry and drinks not mentioned in the program, etc.
Please consult us.