January - February 2023
5 days / 4 nights – from £1,640 per person
Photographic safari with Vincent Gesser
Would you like to observe and photograph outstanding birdlife in a stunning scenery of snowcapped mountains only a few hours flight away from the UK?
Lake Kerkini, situated in a rarely visited region in the North of Greece, close to Bulgaria, is one of the most important places in Europe for the rare Dalmatian Pelican. The National Park surrounding the Lake is also the home of a variety of birds including Spotted Eagles, Flamingoes, Bee-Eaters, and many more.
For this special photographic workshop, join the professional wildlife photographer, Vincent Gesser, for multiple sessions on board the boats of local fishermen to photograph Dalmatian Pelicans when they engage fish, fly around the boat and glide on the lake, in addition to photographing other birds.
The highlights of this photographic safari are:
– immerse yourself in the Kerkini region in the North of Greece, far from the beaten track of tourism in this country
– maximise the time with the birds and animals when the conditions are optimal for their observation and photography
– benefit from on-hand personal photographic advice and support from Vincent Gesser
– enjoy your accommodation in a small yet comfortable guest house located only minutes from the National Park, allowing you to be close to the action and only a few minutes from the Lake.
The discovery of a different Greece and outstanding bird life!
Day 1: Arrival in Greece
Arrival at Macedonia International Airport, meet and greet and transfer (2 hours) to a village in immediate proximity of Lake Kerkini.
Installation in the rooms and first night in the region of Lake Kerkini.
Accommodation at Limneo Guest House. Full board with packed lunch.
Day 2 to day 4: Lake Kerkini National Park
These days are dedicated to wildlife viewing and photography with morning and afternoon activities in Lake Kerkini National Park.
After breakfast, transfer to a fisherman’s place on the shores of Lake Kerkini and embark on the boats that will allow approaching closely the Dalmatian pelicans and other birds of the lake. Sometimes a pelican will even come and visit the guests on the boat, offering extraordinary close up and portraits!
Picnic lunch on site.
At the request of the participants, the afternoon is dedicated to a different variety of shots on the lake or a game-drive in the national park to observe and photography other animals.
The organisation of each day will be function of the weather conditions and it will be optimised to allow all guests to improve their photography technique and create the shots they want.
Accommodation at Limneo Guest House. Full board with packed lunch, and activities included.
Day 5: From Lake Kerkini to Thessaloniki
Early morning breakfast and departure from the guest house for your transfer to Macedonia International Airport for your return flight or the flight to your next destination.
End of our services.
Indicative price : from £1,640 per person on the basis of 5 participants sharing in double or twin rooms.
Indicative price for 4 participants : £ 1,850 / person
Indicative price for 3 participants : £ 2,050 / person
Indicative price for 2 participants : £ 2,250 / person
Subject to availability at the time of booking.
Minimum of 2 participants to guarantee the trip.
Exchange rate EUR/GBP rate used for this quote: 0.8600
– All transfers from Thessaloniki – Macedonia International Airport and return
– All transfers to activities and locations
– 6 boat trips on Lake Kerkini of approximatively 2 hours each
– The services of Vincent Gesser as guide and photographic workshop leader
– The drives to visit, explore and photograph Lake Kerkini National Park and the delta of the Strimonas River
– 4 nights in Chrysochorafa, Serres, in a guest house (equivalent 2**/3***). Double or twin room with en-suite bathroom. Full board with packed lunch only.
– International flights to Greece (Macedonia International Airport) and return
– Travel or Insurances (cancellation, repatriation, luggage, other risks and any additional insurance)
– Meals not mentioned or mentioned as “on own account” in the itinerary
– Drinks (beer, wine, spirits) other than the ones mentioned
– Any extras of personal nature, tips, laundry and drinks not mentioned in the program, etc.
Please consult us.